Sunday, 6 September 2026

Pepsi Man (PSX)

Once upon a time, there’s a man buying dozens of Pepsi cans. He takes a drink but suddenly Pepsi Man theme plays out. As he peeks into the can he drank…

 

…inside of the can is KID’s Pepsi Man (1999)! After I finished top 10 SNES games, I feel like I want to play short game. So, I figure why not Pepsi Man? Bad idea, I know. I don’t think I need to tell you about who’s Pepsi Man. He’s just mascot for Pepsi advertisement in Japan. He likes to bump into thing as much as drink Pepsi. That’s all you need to know about him. What he really is? Superhero made of mutated gallons of Pepsi cola? Or he's just salesman who happen to be unfortunate/fortunate enough to be the bumbling idiotic of a mascot? Or magical creation made of tons of trashed Pepsi cans and bottles? I’m afraid I can’t answer that because it’s Pepsi company’s deep dark secret. Emphasizes on dark, because Pepsi cola is black.

The main menu has rotating Pepsi can on the background. The developer like to show off what they can do with PS1 technology. The menu is simple enough. Usually save/load game is within option menu but this game has them in the main menu. More easy accessibility, I suppose.

 

“Hey. Let’s start the game!” as the Pepsi-loving guy says to us. There’s subtitle in Japanese which makes sense since this game only released in Japan.  

 

Thus, the game starts. There’s a big problem. This Pepsi vending-machine delivery car has flat tire and there’s bunch of people desperately need Pepsi otherwise they will start a riot! So, the driver asks Pepsi Man to help those poor gits while he sorts the problem of flat tire. Ok. Let’s get to it! Scout_battlecry02.wav

I hope you like seeing Pepsi Man’s ass in tight suit, because you see it a lot from this perspective. As you probably know. Pepsi Man is auto-runner game. No need to press up on D-pad or push forward direction on analog joystick. You only need to direct his left/right turn with either D-pad or analog joystick. It goes without saying that you have to dodge cars, pedestrian and other obstacles.

He has health though so he doesn’t die in one hit. Well, at least not in every occasion. It’s kind of hard to decipher how much Pepsi Man’s health has. The health indicator is that big Pepsi symbol on top. The bigger the higher his health. When the symbol is small and blinking that means next one hit will kill him.

 

CLONK! Pepsi Man bumps into Pepsi tanker. Huge irony there. But again, he bumped into the game’s title in the same way so it tracks. He can avoid this collision by sliding underneath it with the simple press of square button.        

 

There’s not much kind of pick-up items that you can get. They’re only Pepsi can and this checkpoint sign which is very hard to get yet it’s very important. If you miss the checkpoint sign, you are in big trouble basically. Either the checkpoint should be automatic or easier to activate. I hate the checkpoint aspect of this game.

 

Then Pepsi Man barges into someone’s house. The myth about “rumah tusuk sate” was right! It’s term for house located right at the end of a straight road or at a T-junction, which brings ill luck. It’s true especially if you let the door and window open for Pepsi Man to barge in.

 

Pepsi Man gets inside a tool shed and now he got garbage bin stuck on his entire upper body. For some reason, the control to turn Pepsi Man left and right becomes reversed. On top of that, he has lower turning speed. I can understand direction control become reversed when the player character’s drunk because of liquor or confused due to magic powder from Malfestio in Monster Hunter Generations. But I don’t agree with garbage bin stuck on your body makes that effect. It should be something like decreased vision. But that’s worse negative effect than reversed control.

 

The scene clear and Pepsi Man treat himself with a can of Pepsi from vending machine. Then the game assesses you from how many Pepsi items you got and how fast you clear the scene. You get 1up for every 20 Pepsi can you collected, which is pretty generous of them.

 

Move on to Level 1 - Scene 2. This neighborhood is crazier than before because there more holes on the road along with these workers playing pogo with Jackhammer. What’s with this project work? What’s the purpose? Just making bottomless holes on neighborhood’s road? If that’s the case, the project work should not be approved at all.

 

Pepsi man barged into another tool shed. But this time, he roles on skateboard instead of getting stuck with garbage bin. This one more make sense. Pepsi man looks cooler by riding skateboard and he moves faster too so he can be on time with his mission. He also jumps substantially higher. Look at him go! I notice trolley car on street. Are we in San Francisco like in Mug Smasher?

Pepsi Man has to make a turn and lose the skateboard in process. Suddenly, this moving company truck clumsily drop furniture behind. Scout_jeers09.wav

 

Luckily, at the end of that road is where Pepsi Man’s objective: malfunctioning vending machines surrounded by people panic over lacks of Pepsi. With the strike of his palm hand, everyone gets a can of Pepsi. Thus, riot is averted. 

 

Do you know that scene in Superhero comic or movie where polices arrive late after the superhero just taken care of criminals? That basically what happens here. The vending-machine delivery truck arrives late after the crisis is resolved. To make things worse, it bumps Pepsi Man at full speed!

 

Because of that, Pepsi Man collides with Pepsi billboard and giant Pepsi can rolls down at him. This is substantially less cool than Crash Bandicoot 3’s level where Crash gets chased by Triceratops. As per usual, your task is guiding Pepsi Man to dodge all obstacle but you can only jump and turn left/right. There’s no health indicator. It takes about 4 hits before Pepsi Man get run over by the Pepsi Can. The only indicator of his health is how close he’s to the Pepsi Can. Who the heck park bikes up to the center of road? That’s really bad manner in traffic!

 

After several retries, I manage to finish the scene. Pepsi Man finds junction that he can escape from the rolling Pepsi Can. It crashes loudly and debris thrown away but that’s not Pepsi Man’s concern.

 

“You did well. Have a Pepsi”. Spy_no01.wav

 

Now a firefighter asks for Pepsi Man’s help. He says that there’s burning building up a head. Survivors trapped in roof top and they need Pepsi to calm them down until fire engine arrives at the scene.

 

This town is messed up. The real problem is not that just one particular building on fire. Almost everything here explodes or burning. Traffic is out of control for no reason. Cars just collides with practically anything. People on the side of the road, are begging for Pepsi instead of “Help Me!” or anything more relevant. Then there’s this truck that keep rolling oil drums at me. Just to clarify. No! This is not sidescrolling beat-em-up game.

 

Then suddenly, Pepsi Man rides on rolling barrel. I don’t understand why he doesn’t jump out of the barrel and just resume with usual running. In this state, he can’t jump over obstacles, has lower turning speed, and the barrel doesn’t provide neither faster nor more convenience mean of travel. I think constantly walking on barrel is more tiring than running for the same amount of travel distance. Not to mention, the difficulty on keeping body’s balance.  

Pepsi Man run through construction site. There are lots of workers who carry steel girder and suddenly turn to catch him off guard. The solution to this is sliding underneath the steel girder obviously. Sliding also slower the running speed for a while. You may want to know that if you care about time record. I never been in American construction site but I feel like a worker single-handedly carries a steel girder is absurd. I think this is derived from Japanese’s comedy antique where a person getting hit by a lumber being carried by a carpenter, along with falling basin on the head.  A piece of wood or lumber is more believable to be carried by one person because it’s lighter than steel girder. There’s Zangief’s guard break move where he carried a lumber and turn around to hit his opponent in Pocket Fighter/Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix.

 

The structure gets some serious problem. Steel girders keep falling from ceiling. Clearly, the construction has poor standard on both safety and quality. There’s 2 kind of girders that fall here. The diagonal one like this where you can either jump or slide underneath it. And the straight one where the only way to dodge it is by jumping over it.

 

I need to retry this scene over and over again. Look at that Edi E. from Final Fight, looking smug and ignorance to all this catastrophe! At least, he should look at the burning police car over there with worried expression but no. He just standing there. Doesn’t give a crap on anything. Wait until Metro City Mayor and his friends beat the heck out of him. That should change his attitude. Or at least his face becomes bruised and bleeding.

 

Look at these surveyors thoroughly examine structure’s point coordinate. They should care more about the stability of this structure. Especially when there’s falling girder few meters/feet from their location, for God’s Sake!

 

Eventually, Pepsi Man takes a Pepsi break. But a manhole lid where he’s on suddenly fall off! Who put manhole right in front of Pepsi vending machine? Correction. Who put Pepsi vending machine near manhole? I mean I know the answer is: some incompetent fool at Pepsi company. But why? Is it for sewer worker to get Pepsi easily? “Gee! I’m thirsty. I need to drink something. Oh, I know! This manhole at 64th street will lead us directly to Pepsi vending machine. Let’s go!”. Or is it for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Ok! I go with that reason.  

 

This is some Takeshi’s Castle crap. This part of walkway is entirely covered with wooden wall and there’s only one part of walkway that has the road. Other part leads to sewer water of instant death.

 

Then Pepsi Man goes through subway track. I know you’re in hurry or whatnot but you’re INSANE! If you run normally while train running toward you, you will die. However, Pepsi Man can sprint for limited time. It’s done by holding up direction and press square button. Why developer can’t map it into 2 other unused face buttons or entirely unused shoulder buttons? No idea! Maybe, to prevent the conflict between sliding function with sprint function.

 

Then Pepsi Man suddenly takes sharp turn and stumbles on his way up the platform. It’s not my fault! He turns so fast and the camera doesn’t justify the view for me to be able to see the damn platform. There’s barely any time to react to this.  

After running through crowds and between buildings, Pepsi Man finally reach the burning building. He attempts to make leap of faith into the building but fail miserably. However, he still able to work on his magic to provide the survivor with can of Pepsi cola. Somehow. The survivors look calm but I’m concerned about the fire or building’s integrity. I’m angry with the firefighter saying “The building just ahead”. With that statement, it should be something like 10 meters or 32.804 feet away at most. But no. It’s dozen thousand meters/feet from the spot at least.

 

Pepsi Man falls on Red Pizza truck and it chases him. Why it does that? If there’s driver in it, he should hit the break as soon as possible. Is he really angry that Pepsi Man falls on his truck? Or is he an assassin sent by Red Pizza company to kill Pepsi Man? But I think I prefer the Red Pizza truck is a transformer and he deliberately wants to run over Pepsi Man because he interrupts his sleep by falling his ass on the truck’s head.

This scene pretty much similar to the one getting chased by giant Pepsi can. Except there are some Pepsi hanging advertisement board. You will get hit by it if you jump into it. So, jumping is no longer safest method to dodge. 

 

He said the thing from that episode of Angry Video Game Nerd! To be fair, TV-game is quite accurate term because PS1 console is connected to TV and not to computer or mobile phone. The technology wasn’t there yet for connecting video game to other than TV.

This time the pilot of evacuation chopper asks for Pepsi Man’s help. There’s plane that forced into emergency landing. No casualty but the survivors need Pepsi. The evacuation chopper has flat tires. I mean engine problem or something. So, they need Pepsi Man’s aid at once.   

 

Now, Pepsi Man runs on busy road in the middle of desert. The sensible way to do this is: running on sideway but no. Apparently, Pepsi Man more afraid of pebbles on the side of the road than getting hit by car and truck which makes no sense. Not only the traffic but also tumbleweed become Pepsi Man’s obstacle to his goal. I never see it in real life. I wonder is tumbleweed solid enough to make someone tripped like in this TV video game. Please do let me know.   

 

How am I supposed to run safely when there’s truck on both lane? Getting direct hit by truck is instant death. Maybe not if I bump it from behind and then I can abuse the invincibility frame later. Although, getting hit by the truck running from your behind is another instant death. There’s one occasion where Pepsi Man is spinning around because he gets hit by the truck from behind while he’s in separator line. Somehow, it’s not instant death even though 2 trucks hit him at the same Goddamn time! But it’s not direct hit to be fair.

So, I figure this. The trucks have fixed pattern as much like obstacles in previous levels. This may sound crazy. I have to break at the lane where the truck running from forward. Thus, I let the truck running at the same direction as me, goes first. Then I immediately switch lane, running behind that truck so I have enough gap to switch lane again in opposite lane. To break, hold down direction and press square button. Once again, I question why there’s no separated button for it. Any racing game has separated button for gas and brake. Why can’t this game?

 

The truck traffic problem is solved but another problem appears in form of truck carrying logs! The logs either roll or bounce along the road. Jump over the rolling logs. Slide under the bouncing ones. Naff said. 

 

The bastard truck stops at intersection. It’s sensible course of action for Pepsi Man to cut in that corner but I barely have enough time to react to that. So, he bumps into biker’s gang.

 

Naturally, the biker gang doesn’t take the bump accident, sitting down. So, they try to run over Pepsi Man from behind but with the twist: they will drift and brake at the middle of the road. Might as well as “flipping the bird” there, you insolent git! I can outrun them by repeatedly do the sprint. During the process, I feel claustrophobic that the biker will run over Pepsi Man because I’m not fast enough with the sprint. There’s warning indicator on car/truck/bike coming from behind but the game won’t tell you when they will arrive at Pepsi Man’s general position.

 

Oh, come on! Not another giant Pepsi Can want to run over Pepsi Man. We have been through this. So, freak off!

 

Once again, Pepsi Man takes a sharp and fast turn into car wash machine. I don’t have time to react to that so he gets hit by the machine. Not even by the automated brush which is softer part of the machine than the wall where he collided into. I need him to get into the washing machine and then slide underneath the top brush. Beyond this car-washing machine, is gas station with Pepsi vending machine in it. Scene cleared!

 

What did the buffalo say to his boy as he leaves? Bi-son. Ba dumm tss!

Anyway, next scene takes place in canyon area. With lots of bison around. These large bovines seem smaller threat compared to truck and bike. They don’t ram at Pepsi Man from behind. There’s part where Pepsi Man rides on a barrel. Much like riding the oil drum except there are some very narrow bridges that Pepsi Man have to navigate in order to pass the gap. The bridges have same width as the barrel. Very little margin for mistake. I wish Pepsi Man can just jump out of the barrel and jump over the gap normally. It makes my life much easier.

 

For some reason, Pepsi Man enters abandoned mine. There are usual hazards in mining area such as: mining carts (that bounces against wall for some reason), and falling support beams. Truth be told, falling support beams are not as many as falling girder in that Goddamn construction site. If abandoned mine has fewer falling things than in your construction project, you should know that your construction company is utterly bullcrap.

 

There’s also Mega Rocks rolling around in this mine. One of them kills me! I thought we were friends, Mega Rock. >:(

Mega Rock can kill Pepsi Man with one hit. So, apparently Pepsi Man’s constituent is as weak as the first victim in Kagero: a weak villager named Daar.  

 

The crash landing’s location is right after the exit of abandoned mine. I was really close to finish the scene back then. Suddenly, a herd of bison knock away Pepsi Man. Apparently, bison hates Pepsi Man which is slightly understandable.

Bi-son! I mean bye, bison! Ok, no more joke about bison anymore. I promise.

 

Then Pepsi Man chased by a mass of rolling log. No idea, why they want to harm Pepsi Man. Unlike in previous chase scenes, in this one the obstacles only come from behind Pepsi Man so you can anticipate them easier. Some logs roll along the ground. Some others bouncing. Like I said before. Jump over the rolling logs. Slide under the bouncing ones.

 

I don’t think adding Pepsi into pizza is good idea. Oh, you mean pairing eating pizza with drinking pizza. Pizza and soda seem a common combo set in Junk Food industry. But no thanks. I no longer want to drink famous branded soda since my sugar level was diagnosed very high on health test in my previous workplace. That happened from drinking small size bottle of Coca-Cola within 7 days and only about 4 or 5 bottles of it! I repeat small size. Only from Goddamn small size bottle of Coca-Cola! On the other hand, when was the last time I eat pizza? I love to have some slices.

 

Next incident is about mega computer in the city goes haywire. The traffic becomes out of control and soon world will short on Pepsi. I only want to do this just to fix the traffic catastrophe.

Don’t let the bright color of blue Pepsi around fools you! This scene is worse than the burning town in level 2. More uncontrolled traffic accidents. Plus, traffic signs that automatically fall when Pepsi Man near them. Look at that gits keel over and lie without energy because they don’t get Pepsi. Do you every try drink Gatorade instead? I probably suggest something bad there.

 

On the other hand, there’s this truck who keep rolling down Pepsi stuffs at Pepsi Man. I’m not sure what the heck is that thing? No way vending machine is cylindrical. Garbage bin with Pepsi trademark on it? Or giant battery with Pepsi trademark on it? One thing for sure is. You have to jump over it unless you want to get tripped down.

 

I enter some sort of souvenir shop and there’s happen to be line of Pepsi souvenir lines around. I wonder what exactly are those?

 

The “I’m getting stuck on garbage bin” part is back. You have to navigate through this series of traffic accident while your control is reversed and your turning speed is slower. It’s not bad because you can still take some hit before die. This part is not 1-hit death. At least not entirely.

 

I manage to enter the Pepsi Factory which is the scene 2 of this level. So, I shouldn’t worry about checkpoint after through that. In this scene, Pepsi Man run through series of conveyor belt which -it goes without saying- alter the tempo of the running-through-obstacles routine. If Pepsi Man run through conveyor belt on opposite direction, he runs slower but he can go faster if he simply jumps over it. If Pepsi Man run through conveyor belt on same direction, he runs faster and he can run over into obstacles faster. There are also holes for some Goddamn reason. I forget to tell you that the game doesn’t shy to apply Ninja Gaiden’s trick on you where if you hit obstacles right after hole there’s good chance you will fall into the hole automatically.

There’s some variety on getting hit. Pepsi Man will roll back a bit when getting hit by obstacle, in normal cases. If the obstacle is heavy type or Pepsi Man getting hit while sprinting, he will roll back thrice the distance that may or may not lead to pitfall. Then there’s case where Pepsi Man trip down and fall forward. This one is probably the least detrimental case.

 

There are some hapless workers in this Goddamn factory. And also, this automatic door that periodically close and open. Pepsi Man must get through this door but he ran while it’s close. Why can these workers help him a bit by holding down the door? That surely help. They should be fired from not trying hard enough to assist Pepsi Man.

 

Beyond that door is line of pipes. Pepsi Man get hit by falling sign that says “Keep Out!”. Quite irony there.

 

Now, we are into the deeper part of Pepsi factory. It’s filled with more Pepsi container, big Pepsi can, and these floating platforms. They’re futuristic and it makes sense that they move chaotically because they’re controlled by the computer that goes haywire. Then there’s more lazy and useless gits. One is kneeling weakly while the other look at the white panel thoroughly. Maybe the latter is in the middle of fixing something. But the former should help Pepsi Man in a way. Probably asking her to stop the floating platform is too much. But at least, put those big Pepsi cans lying around to the side. That should be very doable, dammit!

 

Then Pepsi Man rides on one of those flying platforms. It looks cool even though this is just modified version of skateboarding part.

 

I WAS SO GODDAMN CLOSE! Based on progression bar on top-right, I believe that door is the last obstacle in this part before reaching the goal. You may think it is supposed to be easy passing through that gap but you are wrong. Because: First, in this part any hit is instant death. So, I can’t just get up after fail and continue on the spot. No! I’m sent to checkpoint which is located right before the start of this floating-platform riding section. Second, the gap on that door should not be that GODDAMN small! It’s totally criminal and wrong. Third, if you look carefully on the corridor. It’s not in straight line. Most of the time, the camera will follow any track/corridor/road/whatever. So, I have to adjust the movement with the camera that slightly tilted. Combine the second and the third reason, I requires so many calibrations to adjust that but there’s barely enough time for that because I can only take 1 hit! Either pick microscopic accuracy on navigation or camera that tilt to left or right! Don’t do both! 

You know what this part reminds me of? It reminds me of the infamous Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads or whatever that part called where the toads riding on small aircraft and there are electric fences come at them. At least in Battletoads game, the camera is fixed. It’s slightly more doable than this part in Pepsi Man! Maybe some of you comment “Why not use save state like you do when working on articles?”. I would love to. But the thing is. In this session I also play the game while working on Retroachievement and we know that using save state is cheating in Retroachievement. That’s because I’m too lazy to turn off the Hardcore mode which related to Retroachievement. I never played a game for both writing article and Retroachievement on same session, before. On the bright side, I don’t need to play the game twice.

 

There you freaking go! After a couple of dozen attempts, I manage to clear this damned scene. I don’t want to repeat this part to get all 100 Pepsi cans especially some of them lure me to get bumped by the door on one-hit death part. Absolutely NO!

 

With the computer magically fixed. Pepsi Man save the day big time. He looks so proud and so do I.  

 

Engineer_negativevocalization09.wav. The giant Pepsi can from the monument in previous screenshot fall down for no reason! Now, Pepsi Man is being chased by giant Pepsi can. FREAKING AGAIN! But this one different because the freaking giant Pepsi can gives birth to hundred younglings. Congratulation, ma’am! But please! Keep them to yourself. On top of that, there are lines of giant Pepsi cans on both sides. The game couldn’t get any more Pepsi-est than this. Except, the Pepsi Man music is absent here. At least that’s what I remember. In fact, except for that Level 1 Scene 1, the Pepsi Man music is absent. Lots of time, there are only sounds of explosion, rumbling stuffs, large THUD, or Pepsi Man’s footstep. Maybe I’m insane to say this but I love the Pepsi Man music and I don’t mind it keeps playing on all levels. Anyway, about this scene. It’s way easier than the previous scene. I only need 2 retries to finish this one. This scene is like the one where Pepsi Man getting chased by logs except the Pepsi can younglings are shorter and the route is longer.

 

The Pepsi-loving guy is hyped and prancing upon my successful attempt on finishing the game. He even step on the sofa chair. I was afraid, it will break or something. Then he says with serious tone “Pepsi only my choice”. Good for you. My only choice is Nϋ Green tea. Period!

 

Then the credit rolls. I usually don’t complaint about blurry footage but I hate this one behind the credit roll. Why can’t they put proper video game scene on it instead from someone’s TV? The scene is kind of interesting though. It’s about the playthrough but with different angle than over the shoulder like in the gameplay. And of course, lots of bumping into things happen.

 

After the credit ends. The guy hurriedly goes to bathroom and sound of toilet flush can be heard. Thank, man. Pepsi for piss, I suppose. Or should I say: Pee-psi.

 

Finishing the game, rewards me with level select along with 99 lives on the go! No way, I can’t unfinish any scene now. 99 lives are hard to throw away. Only total toddler who barely know alphabet that can fail finishing a scene with 99 lives. With the level select unlocked, I can work on Retroachievement easier. Glad I do this at the same session while researching for the article. My other reward is: old custom of Pepsi Man. Changing the custom also change the Pepsi can’s color which is nice feature but I prefer the blue Pepsi can because this old design can blend with the road and I barely can see it while moving. Blue is more contrast color, is what I try to say. Time to end this.    

 

KID’s Pepsi Man (1999) is auto-runner game way before Subway Surfer or Temple Run. The gameplay is about Pepsi Man run to his destination while dodging stuffs and that’s it! There’s nothing else to that. Sure, you have buttons for jumping and sliding. Then there are hidden functions to sprint and brake. I’m still baffled to why the game not use all the buttons in PS 1 joystick to full potential. There are 2 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons unused for this game! The gameplay is as simple as it gets but that doesn’t mean the game is easy. The game becomes unfairly hard in later stages. It’s probably intended because the game only consist of 4 levels x 3 scenes = 12 stages. According to the history record, it takes 4 hours for me to finish the game. For PS 1 game, 4 hours gameplay is rather short. Compared it to my beloved Crisis Beat, I require an hour or so to finish the game. But it has replayability if you want to play as 3 other characters. Then there’s special ending screen for each character after finishing expert mode. Sorry I digress. No one in the game doesn’t help Pepsi Man with his heroic mission. The people either too pathetic or too apathetic to help him. Lucky for him, he can recover health for every 10 Pepsi can collected. Upon finishing the stage, you get 1up for every 20 Pepsi can collected. The game basically has unlimited continue. Everytime you get “Game Over”, you are sent to main menu and there’s “continue” on it to continue to the beginning of the last level you were in. You can also save the game in main menu after “Game Over”. The game is hard but it is generous with continue and progress save. But the checkpoint still hard to get. The real game is in both scene 1 and 2. Scene 3 which is the “getting chased by something behind” part, is even simpler than the real game. You can only jump and there’s no health recovery or anything for this part. You only can see so much in the foreground which is detrimental if the obstacles come from the front. But with obstacles come from behind, the game is slightly easier. Sprinting or sliding can be useful to go through soft obstacle such as pedestrians and furniture dropped from moving company truck. Not only you save yourself from getting knocked but also you save time and health, if you do that. Sprinting is fastest option while sliding make you slow a bit. There are some unlockable things when finishing the game, I can assume the developer appreciate your effort on finishing the game. I think. If I’m not mistaken, Mike Butters plays “the Pepsi-addict guy” role. Without doubt, he’s very important to the story even though it’s very shallow. But what the thing that I must applaud is: the game has voice actor for policeman, truck driver, the evacuation chopper pilot and the firefighter. The game doesn’t need the voice acting but it does anyway. The presentation is quite neat. The sound effect is standard. As for music, I only remember the Pepsi Man theme. Unfortunately for me, it doesn’t play in every stage. Here’s Pepsi Man theme if you like to hear it right now:


PEPSI MAN! TENENET! Ehm! Pepsi Man (1999) is mini game that advertise Pepsi. I can say that for certain. I don’t think the game needs my recommendation because either you already play the game or you know how infamous it is. The more important matter is: Does the game convince me to drink Pepsi? Absolutely NOT! Pepsi it’s not available in nearest mart. Probably, it loses popularity to Coca Cola, Fanta or A&W Root Beer in Indonesia but not by much. Besides, I lost my sympathy toward Pepsi long time ago when I keep getting hit by Pepsi billboard in Pole Position. That’s quite in the same spirit as Pepsi Man who keep bumping into things. Maybe he’s my spirit guide or something. That count for something, right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment